I was asked to make a list of the ten things I’d do in the “best of all possible worlds.”
The examples given were things like … In the best of all possible worlds I’d find time every day for exercise, In the best of all possible worlds I’d be slim and healthy, in the best of all possible worlds I’d be successful at work.
I made a start and followed suite with my first couple of responses before realising that my imagination was severely limited if, given all possibilities within the laws of physics, the best possible world I could come up with was one which was exactly the same but I was thinner.
So what could the best of all possible worlds look like?
- In the best of all possible worlds, we could cultivate fantastic gardens full of flowers and fruit, with beautiful sculptures, on every street.
- Everyone, everywhere would have clean, safe water to drink and wash in.
- Artists and musicians and scholars would be free to do what they’re good at and what they love without worrying about paying rent.
- There would be an abundant supply of fresh good food for everyone.
- We could build breathtaking structures to live, work and play in – and we wouldn’t be able to tell which was which.
- In the best of all possible worlds, anyone who wants to learn. can.
- In the best of all possible worlds, the only limit is imagination.
What does your version of the best of all possible worlds look like?